Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Snow (Ice) Day

My cleaning lady came yesterday. It's somewhat surprising to me that I don't feel too guilty about having someone come to clean my house. I think it's because I know I just wouldn't do it. Mopping floors, cleaning bathrooms, dusting. It just won't get done. Partly, I think, because I view CLEANING as something that is done after PICKING UP, and the picking up just never gets completed.

Anyway. The refrigerator needed to be cleaned. Let's just say it was well past needing to be cleaned. So much so, that I was thinking about doing it. I asked my cleaning lady how much she would charge to clean it out for me. $20 well spent! That was something nice I did for myself.

School is closed today because of ice and freezing rain. A "snow day", but not a day to go out and play. I knew I had a long day ahead of me. I turned on the TV and crawled back in bed. The kids cooperated for the most part (any time I drifted off, they woke me up), but it was a pleasant time. A nice thing to do for myself.

Contemplating the day. We'll probably bake something; maybe sing some songs; play some games. The boys have been wrestling; I'm trying to figure out some way to channel their physical energy.

Until next time,
Bonny Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment