Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Down Side of Trying

So, I've been thinking about pattern making. (I have lots of thoughts about pattern making.) There is something that I have been wanting to figure out for a long time. I had kind of taken a break from it, but my recent pattern draft has me thinking again. I'm thinking and...I get interrupted. I get back to thinking and...I get interrupted. It makes me cranky. It's so much easier to take care of young kids if you're not trying to have coherent thoughts while you are doing it. (Perhaps I've purposefully waited until now to start thinking about this stuff again.)

Today I thought a bit about pattern drafting and did a little knitting. I checked out a web site that I'd heard about: www.flylady.net. She talks about getting your house clean in 15 minutes a day, and also about being nice to yourself. There's even a list of nice things to do for yourself; worth checking out!

Bonny Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment