Saturday, January 17, 2009

Just Getting to the Starting Line

Yesterday was one of those days where I worked really hard, but didn't end up with much to show for it. In my case, cleaning up a messy kitchen, folding and putting away a whole slew of clothes. Sure, things look better, but I feel like I'm just getting to the starting line, and I'm already tired of it. Yesterday evening, I was thinking: What nice thing have I done for myself today? "Nothing." What do I feel like doing now? "Nothing." Finally decided I wanted to listen to something related to flylady and getting the house clean. Listened to a bit, but then a barely-intelligible voice started saying "sleepy". Off to bed for my 2yo. And me, too. Really worn down by the day. Haven't meditated or done any sewing in a couple of days. I did put lotion on some dry skin, but that alone isn't enough. I need to do more.

This morning, we went to a family mosaic-making workshop. I was getting inspired to do something creative, while at the same time trying to keep track of the kids and having DH ask if I was done yet. A taste of creative flow, but interrupted. Yet again. Having a complete thought. Completing a project without interruption. Such a challenge.

I'm still wearing crappy clothes with mosaic-making residue on them; I think I'm going to put some clean and more attractive clothes on. Trying to keep a positive spin here...

Bonny Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment