Monday, January 5, 2009

Pandora's Box

Yesterday I ordered a book I had been wanting. (It's "The Roaring Stream: A New Zen Reader", by Nelson Foster; it is supposed to be a very readable book.) I meditated a bit in the evening, but I wasn't really in the mood, so I don't think that would have counted. Ordering the book counted.

I was thinking yesterday about how asking myself what I want (what I FEEL like doing) is opening a Pandora's box. Life is good, life is good. Things are good. I am happy. What do I WANT to do? Life is good, life is good. Things are good. I am happy. What do I REALLY want to do (right now)? Well, it's not cleaning up the feces that somehow got on the bathroom floor, and that got stepped in and tracked around. That's not what I feel like doing right now. Once I start thinking about what I want to be doing, I become aware of what I don't want to be doing. But doing these things is part of this life of mine.

Let's see what happens when this Pandora's box really gets opened up.
Bonny Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment