Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pressing (Not Ironing)

Today I put a new cover on my ironing board. (I suppose that might not seem like a big deal to YOU...) I even threw the old torn one away. (I did consider getting it out of the trash--to use as a pattern at some point--when I realized that the new one didn't fit as well as the old one, but I restrained myself.) I've been needing a new ironing board cover for a while, but haven't been inclined to go out and buy one; I did some unpacking in the basement a couple of days ago and discovered I had a new one already. Another reminder of the importance of having things organized. Also, found all of my pressing equipment, which I have been missing. (To put this in context for the non-sewers out there: All this pressing equipment is not for "ironing", it is for pressing during construction.)

This evening, I watched a few brief sewing videos on the computer and did a little knitting. (I'm getting tired of this sweater I am working on. Partly because I haven't had time to work on it, so it has been dragging on.)

Putting the new ironing board cover on made me smile. How big will my smile be when my sewing room is organized and decorated?

What made you smile today?
Bonny Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment