Monday, January 19, 2009

A Place of My Own

Yesterday I cut out a pair of comfy pants for myself; today I worked on assembling a cabinet for my sewing room. Getting my sewing room organized and decorated is high on my list of things to do for myself. It is the place of my own, where what I do doesn't keep getting undone. But that room is a mess, too. No one to blame but me. And perhaps not having cabinets to put things in, and not taking the time for myself to organize things. Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln....

Do you have a place of your own that nurtures your spirit? If you have a place, but it doesn't nurture your spirit, ask yourself why. Are you not putting a high enough priority on taking care of yourself? Are you waiting for the "perfect" cabinet that you hope to one day have the money for? Stop waiting for "perfect", and make it warm and welcoming now, with what you have. Personally, I'm moving an old dresser up there as soon as I can get my DH to help me carry it. Better to have a place to put things, than to wait for the perfect solution.

Bonny Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment